Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Schedule Change and other information...

Hello Awesome 3A Families!

I just wanted to communicate with you a few things that may be helpful as our year progresses.

First, we have a minor schedule change. Our Library time has moved from Tuesday to Thursday at 1:00 - 1:30. My conference periods will be different on Tuesdays and Thursdays because of this adjustment.

Secondly, I wanted to communicate with you my policies on corrections. Students may correct tests for half of the credit missed on the original grade, with the exception of open book tests. Please check the Tuesday folders for any tests that need to be corrected and return by Friday for credit. The students may correct when they find the right answer and page number. They need to write the answer and page on a separate sheet of paper in order to get credit. In the event that a math paper needs to be corrected, the students need to show the correct work in getting to the solution and the corrected answer. No page number is necessary in math. Homework is not allowed to be corrected in most cases because students are allowed some class time to work on it and are supposed to have all assignments checked nightly. Only in the event that you see the words "Please correct" on your child's paper may it be corrected. I write this when I see that a student may have not understood the concept or minor mistakes were made.

Finally, I will be sure to update this site frequently to keep you informed on any classroom happenings. Another good way to know what it coming up in our curriculum is by looking at the Pipeline each month which will be posted at www.stanns.us.

I hope this information helps you as we continue in 3A, but of course if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at school, through the planner, or though e-mail at tracy61187@yahoo.com. I hope you all have a wonderful night, and I can not wait to start another great Wednesday tomorrow!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment