Thursday, March 31, 2016

NCEA San Diego: Day 4

What a beautiful final day we had at our conference! I attended a session on connecting the dots between student needs and behavior. It was an amazing class! My final session was focused on ideas to provide service to others while in the classroom. I can not wait to share these ideas with the class. I left our final session noticing the staff beginning to pack up the gorgeous artwork from the students, so I had to take one more picture. We spent the rest of the afternoon traveling to Coronodo Island by ferry. It was a beautiful ride. We walked around the pier to shop a little and then began a long walk toward the other part of the island. On the way I found the Visitors Center that had its very own Wizard of Oz section! Frank L. Baum, the author of "The Wizard of Oz," had a home in Coronado for a time where he wrote many other books in the Oz series. The home is now owned by his great grand-daughter. While I was unable to visit the house as it is not a museum, I did get to learn more at the Visitor's Center and get some cute Wizard of Oz items to bring home with me! Afterward, we trecked our way to the Hotel del Coronado. It is a historic beachfront hotel that is the second largest wooden structure in the U.S. When it opened in 1888, it was the largest resort hotel in the world that had a reputation of hosting royalty, presidents, and celebrities. We had lunch at an amazing place that gave us a gorgeous view of the beach. We returned to our Hotel with the help of a wonderful Uber driver who gave us even more history of Coronado. Our Uber ride also allowed us to drive over the Coronado bridge that we had seen all week. It gave us a fantasic view of the bay and Downtown. We finished out the day with dinner along with Sister Elizabeth at the historic Gaslamp District. We had an amazing trip and I can not wait to share our experiences with you. I miss you all dearly and can not wait to see you on Monday. We leave early tomorrow and will return in the evening! I hear it will be very cold so bundle up! Love you all!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment